• NEWS  • AWARDS  • IN THEATERS  • MOVIES  • TV SERIES  • BOX-OFFICE REPORT  • DVD & BLU-RAY •
• BLACK FRIDAY • REVIEWS  • SOUNDTRACKS  • MUSIC ALBUMS  • VIDEO GAMES  • WEEKLY SUMMARY •

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Liam Hemsworth Replacing Henry Cavill for THE WITCHER Season 4

Henry Cavill Exits The Witcher Season 4
Netflix has announced that Henry Cavill will not return for the fourth season of the fantasy series "The Witcher". The role of Geralt of Rivia will be taken over by Liam Hemsworth ("The Hunger Games"). The news follows the reveal that Cavill will return to the DC movie series as Superman, which was teased with a mid-credits cameo in the recently released "Black Adam".

In a statement, Cavill said the following: "My journey as Geralt of Rivia has been filled with both monsters and adventures, and alas, I will be laying down my medallion and my swords for Season 4. In my stead, the fantastic Mr Liam Hemsworth will be taking up the mantle of the White Wolf. As with the greatest of literary characters, I pass the torch with reverence for the time spent embodying Geralt and enthusiasm to see Liam's take on this most fascinating and nuanced of men."

Hemsworth had this to say: "As a Witcher fan I'm over the moon about the opportunity to play Geralt of Rivia. Henry Cavill has been an incredible Geralt, and I'm honoured that he's handing me the reins and allowing me to take up the White Wolf's blades for the next chapter of his adventure. Henry, I've been a fan of yours for years and was inspired by what you brought to this beloved character. I may have some big boots to fill, but I'm truly excited to be stepping into The Witcher world.".

The third season of "The Witcher" will debut in summer 2023. In the meantime, a four-episode prequel series titled "The Witcher: Blood Origin" starring Sophia Brown, Michelle Yeoh and Laurence O’Fuarain will premiere on December 25, 2022 on Netflix.

Cavill can next be seen in the Netflix sequel "Enola Holmes 2" alongside Millie Bobby Brown.







     RELATED POSTS :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments as civilised as possible, and refrain from spamming. All comments will be moderated. Thank you !