• NEWS  • AWARDS  • IN THEATERS  • MOVIES  • TV SERIES  • BOX-OFFICE REPORT  • DVD & BLU-RAY •
• BLACK FRIDAY • REVIEWS  • SOUNDTRACKS  • MUSIC ALBUMS  • VIDEO GAMES  • WEEKLY SUMMARY •

Friday, March 18, 2022

Courteney Cox Officially Returning For SCREAM 6; Release Date has Been Set by Paramount

courteney cox picture

Following the success of this year's "Scream" reboot/sequel, Paramount and Spyglass quickly greenlit a new installment. Directors Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett will return to helm the sequel from a script once again written by James Vanderbilt and Guy Busick. Kevin Williamson is executive producing alongside Gary Barber, Peter Oillataguerre, and Chad Villella. Here's what the companies said in a joint statement:
"We are tremendously grateful to the fans around the world who enthusiastically received our film. We can't wait for audiences to see what Radio Silence, writers Jamie and Guy, and Project X have in store for our Woodsboro family."
The first confirmed member of the cast is Courteney Cox, who revealed during an appearance on the Just For Variety podcast that she will be returning in the role of reporter Gale Weathers for the sixth installment. She also said that she has received the script for the sequel and that production is expected to begin in Canada sometime in June. Cox said the following:
"I got the script yesterday. And I haven't read it yet. I just got it, and I'm so used to getting, you know, Shining Vale scripts, which are 26 pages, and I'm, 'Whoah, I've got to read a script.' I'm excited to read it. I don't know if I'm supposed to say anything. Let me tell you the killer!"
Paramount has set the release date for March 31, 2023.







     RELATED POSTS :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments as civilised as possible, and refrain from spamming. All comments will be moderated. Thank you !