• NEWS  • AWARDS  • IN THEATERS  • MOVIES  • TV SERIES  • BOX-OFFICE REPORT  • DVD & BLU-RAY •
• BLACK FRIDAY • REVIEWS  • SOUNDTRACKS  • MUSIC ALBUMS  • VIDEO GAMES  • WEEKLY SUMMARY •

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Helen Mirren Joins FAST 8 Cast

Helen Mirren joins the cast of Fast 8
Academy Award winner Helen Mirren ("The Queen") is the latest addition to the already impressive cast of "Fast 8". Besides the "Fast and Furious" regulars, this eighth installment also features newcomers Charlize Theron ("Mad Max: Fury Road") and Kristofer Hivju ("Game of Thrones"). Here's what Mirren had to say about her role in the franchise:
"[Eye in the Sky] fits in very, very well with what I want to be doing. I want to be making film and theater, but film is particularly relevant. I like it to be serious. Of course, having said that I’m about to do Fast & Furious 8. But that’s for the fun of it. So maybe that’s what I want as well, some fun and some relevant, serious, important movies.

I’ve always rather loved driving. I said, ‘I’ll be in it, but only if I’m allowed to drive if I do drive in it.’ But we’ll see. We’ll see how it transpires."
Fast 8 Iceland Set Image

The actress started lobbying for the part last year, when she mentioned in an interview with Yahoo Movies that it was her "great ambition" to star as a villain in a "Fast and Furious" movie and do her own driving. She then went on to praise Vin Diesel, saying that he is "brilliant", "smart" and a "great guy".

"Fast 8" is directed by F. Gary Gray ("Straight Outta Compton") and it will be released on April 14, 2017. If you'd like to check out Mirren's driving credentials, here's a video of the actress doing an interview and a lap on Top Gear in 2008:





     RELATED POSTS :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments as civilised as possible, and refrain from spamming. All comments will be moderated. Thank you !