Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson and Antonio Banderas have joined the cast of "The Expendables 3". It has also been announced that Bruce Willis is out of the film. It is unknown what characters Ford and Banderas will play, but Gibson will star as the film's villain. In fact, Gibson's involvement had been rumored for some time, but no official confirmation was given, until now. "The Expendables 3" is directed by Patrick Hughes ("Red Hill") and will also star Jackie Chan, Nicolas Cage, Wesley Snipes, Kellan Lutz and Milla Jovovoich, in addition to the cast of the previous films which includes Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews and Arnold Schwarzenegger. The release date has been set for August 15, 2014.
The second film Meryl Streep will star in is a "darkly comic drama" titled "The Good House", an adaptation of Ann Leary's bestselling novel of the same name. She will star as Hildy Good, a New England realtor and alcoholic who strikes up a relationship with an old flame (Robert De Niro). The screenplay will be penned by Michael Cunningham ("The Hours"). Here is the film's official synopsis:
"The Good House is a wickedly funny look at denial, told through the eyes of Hildy Good (Streep), a New England realtor and not-so-recovering alcoholic whose perfectly compartmentalized life starts to come apart at the seams when she forms a new friendship with Rebecca McCallister. As Rebecca becomes the subject of town gossip, Hildy rekindles an old flame with Frank Getchell (De Niro), a tell it like it is Yankee, who tries to uncomplicate her complicated life in this darkly comic and strikingly authentic tale."
The big-screen adaptation of "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." has been undergoing some serious casting operations. After Tom Cruise dropped out of the film, he was replaced by Henry Cavill ("Man of Steel"). Hugh Grant and Elizabeth Debicki ("The Great Gatsby") have also joined the cast recently. The film centers on two agents, Napoleon Solo (Cavill) and Illya Kullyakin (Armie Hammer), who work for the United Network Command for Law Enforcement (U.N.C.L.E.). Together they fight against evil forces determined to dominate the world, specifically the terrorist organization known as THRUSH. Grant will play the head of British Naval Intelligence and Debicki will star as a dangerous femme fatale. Alicia Vikander is set to play the female lead, "a British agent with a thing for cars". The film is directed by Guy Ritchie ("Sherlock Holmes").
RELATED POSTS :
- SEQUEL NEWS: The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Man of Steel, Dan Brown's Inferno and The Conjuring
- New Images: DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES, THE GUNMAN, THE ZERO THEOREM, DIVERGENT
- NEWS UPDATE: Superman Versus Batman, Jersey Boys, Jessica Alba, Sacha Baron Cohen
- CASTING NEWS: Rosamund Pike, James McAvoy, Abigail Breslin, Melissa McCarthy
- STAR WARS EPISODE VII Updates from Executive Producer Kathleen Kennedy
- NEWS UPDATE: Beverly Hills Cop IV, Vin Diesel, Michael J. Fox, Remakes, Reboots and Spinoffs
- Vanessa Hudgens to Star in KITCHEN SINK
- X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Viral Video, Posters, Set Photos and Plot Details
- NEWS UPDATE: Avatar Sequels, Bourne Legacy Sequel, Ellen Degeneres Hosts Oscars and More
- Milla Jovovich to Star in Modern Adaptation of Shakespeare's CYMBELINE