• NEWS  • AWARDS  • IN THEATERS  • MOVIES  • TV SERIES  • BOX-OFFICE REPORT  • DVD & BLU-RAY •
• BLACK FRIDAY • REVIEWS  • SOUNDTRACKS  • MUSIC ALBUMS  • VIDEO GAMES  • WEEKLY SUMMARY •

Saturday, August 27, 2011

RAMBO 5 Apparently Moving Forward

I wasn't expecting this. I was even blind and deaf by choice to rumors that there will indeed be a fifth Rambo movie and that it will probably be a prequel of sorts and it will pit Stallone's iconic character against some kind of Predator-like creature created by the government. I chose to ignore the rumor simply because it was ridiculous. But, time has passed and I was right to ignore it ... until now. Rumors are slowly beginning to resemble facts as one of the writers of the "Conan the Barbarian" reboot, Sean Hood, has gone public and said the following :

"I recently finished a first draft of Rambo: Last Stand (Rambo 5) for Millennium films, based on a story idea by Sylvester Stallone. Hopefully, Mr. Stallone will eventually have the time and the inclination to do another Rambo...I met with Mr Stallone twice last year…He gave me a book, an older screenplay, and about twenty pages he’d written himself to use as inspiration for the last chapter of the Rambo saga…It’s more in line with the small-town thriller of First Blood."

This obviously means that the creature feature is out the window and we'll probably get to see something similar to the original movie. This is as close as they're going to get to a remake, I suppose. If it is indeed a sequel, considering the age of the character, it will be kind of weird if Stallone passes on the role. Rambo is defined by Stallone and I doubt the studios will risk tanking at the box-office with a new actor. If it had been a prequel, changing actors would have been justified, but for a sequel, to a movie that was supposed to be the final chapter, no less, it's just not a good idea. But I can understand why Stallone might not be too excited. I mean, he wrote and directed "John Rambo" with the clear intention to end the franchise. He even gave the character a poetic sort of return home at the end. But, I guess with Hollywood, the fight's never over. 



     RELATED POSTS :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments as civilised as possible, and refrain from spamming. All comments will be moderated. Thank you !