You can check out the movie clips and official synopses after the jump. Here is a short description of the clips:
- The first exclusive clip for the horror film "Horns" starring Daniel Radcliffe, Juno Temple, Heather Graham, James Remar and David Morse. Release date not announced.
- The first clip from the period drama "A Promise" starring Rebecca Hall, Alan Rickman and Richard Madden. The film has premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival.
- An exclusive clip for the JFK assassination drama "Parkland" starring Billy Bob Thornton, Zac Efron, Marcia Gay Harden, Paul Giamatti, James Badge Dale and Jackie Earle Haley. Opens on October 4, 2013.
- Two new clips for the true story drama "Dallas Buyers Club" starring Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Garner, Jared Leto and Steve Zahn.
"In the aftermath of his girlfriend's mysterious death, a young man awakens to strange horns sprouting from his temples."
"Set in pre-First World War Germany, Patrice Leconte’s venture into English-language filmmaking chronicles the simmering love triangle between an ailing factory owner (Alan Rickman), his young bride (Rebecca Hall) and his protégé (Richard Madden).
Stefan Zweig’s novel Journey into the Past, set in pre-First World War Germany, provides the inspiration for Patrice Leconte’s venture into English-language production. Employing his by-now familiar style, Leconte, a master of the unexpected, finds a simmering romance within the pages of Zweig’s book, and uses its slow heat to powerful effect. ButA Promise is no bodice-ripper. It is an elegantly directed, keenly modulated love story.
Hoffmeister (Alan Rickman) is an ailing factory owner, whiskered and respectable. As his energies flag, he looks to a sharp young man in his employ for help. Ludwig (Richard Madden) impresses Hoffmeister with his reliability and youthful spirit, and the older man finds himself leaning more and more on this promising up-and-comer. At the same time, Hoffmeister’s young bride (Rebecca Hall) is looking for a tutor for their child, and Ludwig proves both flexible and willing. When he moves into their home, an emotional triangle develops. Societal dignity and decorum must be respected, and it is. Nevertheless, heated passions come into play, while Hoffmeister looks on.
Unravelling over many years, this tale extends well beyond its set-up, and Leconte moves us through the emotional maze, making us aware of the complexities of feeling amongst all of the players. Beautifully supported by three fine actors, A Promise delivers on its premise. Love can take many forms before it either blooms or fades. Beneath those starched shirts and lacy blouses, feelings of respect and care rub up against those of lust and desire."
"Recounting the chaotic events that occurred in Dallas, Texas on November 22, 1963, Parkland weaves together the perspectives of a handful of ordinary individuals suddenly thrust into extraordinary circumstances: the young doctors and nurses at Parkland Hospital; Dallas’ chief of the Secret Service; an unwitting cameraman who captured what became the most watched and examined film in history; the FBI agents who nearly had the gunman within their grasp; the brother of Lee Harvey Oswald, left to deal with his shattered family; and JFK’s security team, witnesses to both the president’s death and Vice President Lyndon Johnson’s rise to power over a nation whose innocence was forever altered."
DALLAS BUYERS CLUB
"In the fact-based drama, Spirit Award winner Matthew McConaughey portrays real-life Texas electrician Ron Woodroof, an ordinary man who found himself in a life-or-death battle with the medical establishment and pharmaceutical companies. In 1985, Ron was blindsided by being diagnosed as HIV-positive and given 30 days to live. With the U.S. still internally divided over how to combat the virus and restricting medications, Ron grabbed hold of non-toxic alternative treatments from all over the world by means both legal and illegal. Seeking to avoid government sanctions against selling non-approved medicines and supplements, he established a "buyers club," which fellow HIV-positive people could join for access to his supplies."
RELATED POSTS :
- THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES - 2 Clips and 22 Pictures
- INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 2 - 2 Clips & New Poster
- RUNNER, RUNNER Exclusive Clip - Justin Timberlake, Ben Affleck, Gemma Arterton
- THE FAMILY - Movie Clips and Featurette
- RIDDICK Movie Clips and B-Roll
- PRISONERS Exclusive Movie Clip - Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal, Paul Dano
- NYMPHOMANIAC - New Clip Featuring Uma Thurman
- New Movie Clips: THE ZERO THEOREM, KILL YOUR DARLINGS, PASSION
- WINNIE MANDELA - 3 Movie Clips
- BAD MILO - 4 Movie Clips