A red band trailer and poster have been released for Spike Lee's remake of Park Chan-wook's 2003 thriller "Oldboy" (which was inspired by a Japanese manga). The new version stars Josh Brolin as an advertising executive who is kidnapped and held in solitary confinement for 20 years after which he is inexplicably released. He then embarks on a mission to find out who orchestrated his captivity and take revenge. The remake has been described as a mix of elements from the 2003 film and the original manga, completely re-envisioned and re-contextualizeed for a specific American story. The filmmakers have compared this remake to "The Departed", a remake of "Internal Affairs" and one of the best examples of how a remake can become a great film on its own terms. Spike Lee's "Oldboy" also stars Elizabeth Olsen, Sharlto Copley, Lance Reddick, Michael Imperioli and James Ransone, and will be released on October 25, 2013.
Check out the trailer and poster after the jump.
"OLDBOY is a provocative, visceral thriller that follows the story of an advertising executive (Josh Brolin) who is abruptly kidnapped and held hostage for 20 years in solitary confinement. When he is inexplicably released, he embarks on an obsessive mission to discover who orchestrated his bizarre and torturous punishment only to find he is still trapped in a web of conspiracy and torment."
RELATED POSTS :
- First Trailer for Ridley Scott’s THE COUNSELOR Starring Michael Fassbender and Brad Pitt
- New International Trailer for THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES
- International Trailer for PERCY JACKSON: SEA OF MONSTERS
- 2 New Teaser Trailers for THE LEGO MOVIE
- Trailer for ESCAPE PLAN Starring Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Trailer for THANKS FOR SHARING Starring Mark Ruffalo and Gwyneth Paltrow
- "In the Elements" Featurette for THE LONE RANGER Starring Armie Hammer and Johnny Depp