You can check out the posters and official synopses after the jump. Before that, here is a short description of the posters:
- Two new posters for the Jackie Robinson baseball biopic "42" written and directed by Brian Helgeland ("L.A. Confidential", "Mystic River") and starring Chadwick Boseman, Harrison Ford and Christopher Meloni. Opens on April 12.
- Two new posters, one international and one domestic, for the 3D animated feature "Epic", from the creators of "Rio". Opens on May 12.
- Three new international character posters for the drama "The Place Beyond the Pines" starring Ryan Gosling, Eva Mendes and Bradley Cooper. Opens on March 29.
- Three new character posters for Danny Boyle's psychological thriller "Trance" starring James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson and Vincent Cassel. Opens on April 5.
- New russian poster for "The Call" starring Halle Berry and Abigail Breslin. The thriller opens on March 15.
"Hero is a word we hear often in sports, but heroism is not always about achievements on the field of play. "42" tells the story of two men-the great Jackie Robinson and legendary Brooklyn Dodgers GM Branch Rickey-whose brave stand against prejudice forever changed the world by changing the game of baseball. In 1946, Branch Rickey (Harrison Ford) put himself at the forefront of history when he signed Jackie Robinson (Chadwick Boseman) to the team, breaking Major League Baseball's infamous color line. But the deal also put both Robinson and Rickey in the firing line of the public, the press and even other players. Facing unabashed racism from every side, Robinson was forced to demonstrate tremendous courage and restraint by not reacting in kind, knowing that any incident could destroy his and Rickey's hopes. Instead, Number 42 let his talent on the field do the talking-ultimately winning over fans and his teammates, silencing his critics, and paving the way for others to follow."
"An army of bugs summon mythical creatures known as Leaf Men to help them protect their garden from an evil spider queen. Based on a children's book by William Joyce."
THE PLACE BEYOND THE PINES
"The highly anticipated new drama from director Derek Cianfrance ("Blue Valentine") powerfully explores the consequences of motorcycle rider Luke's (Academy Award nominee Ryan Gosling) fateful decision to commit a crime to support his child. The incident renders him targeted by policeman Avery (Golden Globe Award nominee Bradley Cooper), and the two men become locked on a tense collision course which will have a devastating impact on both of their families in the years following."
"Simon (James McAvoy), a fine art auctioneer, teams up with a criminal gang to steal a Goya painting worth millions of dollars, but after suffering a blow to the head during the heist he awakens to discover he has no memory of where he hid the painting. When physical threats and torture fail to produce answers, the gang's leader Frank (Vincent Cassel) hires hypnotherapist Elizabeth Lamb (Rosario Dawson) to delve into the darkest recesses of Simon's psyche. As Elizabeth begins to unravel Simon's broken subconscious, the lines between truth, suggestion, and deceit begin to blur."
"When veteran 911 operator, Jordan, takes a life-altering call from a teenage girl who has just been abducted, she realizes that she must confront a killer from her past in order to save the girl's life. "
RELATED POSTS :
- New RED 2 and MONSTERS UNIVERSITY Posters
- New Posters for IRON MAN 3, OBLIVION, THE HOST, DARK SKIES and More
- 6 Character Posters for OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN
- Guy Pearce Poster for IRON MAN 3
- Motion Poster for STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS
- 8 Character Posters for MONSTERS UNIVERSITY
- Ben Kingsley Mandarin Poster for IRON MAN 3
- Teaser Posters for THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE