- THE INCREDIBLE BURT WONDERSTONE (Warner Bros / PG-13)
- THE CALL (Sony Pictures / R)
Read more after the jump.
THE INCREDIBLE BURT WONDERSTONE
Superstar magicians Burt Wonderstone (Steve Carell) and Anton Marvelton (Steve Buscemi) have ruled the Las Vegas strip for years, raking in millions with illusions as big as Burt’s growing ego. But lately the duo’s greatest deception is their public friendship, while secretly they’ve grown to loathe each other. Facing cutthroat competition from guerilla street magician Steve Gray (Jim Carrey), whose cult following surges with each outrageous stunt, even their show looks stale. But there’s still a chance Burt and Anton can save the act—both onstage and off—if Burt can get back in touch with what made him love magic in the first place.
- Starring: Steve Carell, Jim Carrey, Steve Buscemi, Alan Arkin, Olivia Wilde, James Gandolfini, Jay Mohr
- Director: Don Scardino
- Genre: Comedy
- Running Time: 100 min.
- Rating: PG-13, for sexual content, dangerous stunts, a drug-related incident and language.
- Rottentomatoes: 39% (52 fresh, 82 rotten, score: 5.1/10).
- Metacritic: 44 out of 100 (7 positive, 21 mixed, 7 negative).
When veteran 911 operator, Jordan (Halle Berry), takes a life-altering call from a teenage girl (Abigail Breslin) who has just been abducted, she realizes that she must confront a killer from her past in order to save the girl’s life.
- Starring: Halle Berry, Abigail Breslin, Morris Chestnut, Michael Eklund
- Director: Brad Anderson
- Genre: Thriller
- Running Time: 95 min.
- Rating: R, for violence, disturbing content and some language.
- Rottentomatoes: 37% (20 fresh, 34 rotten, score: 5.1/10).
- Metacritic: 52 out of 100 (4 positive, 11 mixed, 4 negative).