21 & OVER
Skylar Astin (Pitch Perfect), Miles Teller (Footloose) and Justin Chon (Twilight) star in 21 AND OVER, a hilarious movie that showcases a rite of passage gone horribly wrong. Straight-A college student Jeff Chang has always done what’s expected of him. But when his two best friends Casey and Miller surprise him with a visit for his 21st birthday, he decides to do the unexpected for a change, even though his critical medical school interview is early the next morning. What was supposed to be one beer becomes one night of chaos, over indulgence and utter debauchery in this outrageous comedy from the writers of THE HANGOVER.
- Starring: Miles Teller, Skylas Astin, Justin Chon, Sarah Wright, Francois Chau
- Director: Jon Lucas, Scott Moore
- Genre: Comedy
- Running Time: 93 min.
- Rating: R for crude and sexual content, pervasive language, some graphic nudity, drugs and drinking.
- Rottentomatoes: 29% (12 fresh, 29 rotten, score: 4.2/10).
- Metacritic: 34 out of 100 (3 positive, 5 mixed, 8 negative).
JACK THE GIANT SLAYER
Jack the Giant Slayer tells the story of an ancient war that is reignited when a young farmhand unwittingly opens a gateway between our world and a fearsome race of giants. Unleashed on the Earth for the first time in centuries, the giants strive to reclaim the land they once lost, forcing the young man, Jack, into the battle of his life to stop them. Fighting for a kingdom, its people, and the love of a brave princess, he comes face to face with the unstoppable warriors he thought only existed in legend—and gets the chance to become a legend himself.
- Starring: Nicholas Hoult, Ewan McGregor, Eleanor Tomlinson, Stanley Tucci, Bill Nighy, Ian McShane, Ewen Bremner, Eddie Marsan
- Director: Bryan Singer
- Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Action
- Running Time: 114 min.
- Rating: PG-13 for intense scenes of fantasy action violence, some frightening images and brief language.
- Rottentomatoes: 50% (52 fresh, 52 rotten, score: 5.6/10).
- Metacritic: 51 out of 100 (11 positive, 16 mixed, 4 negative).
THE LAST EXORCISM PART II
Continuing where the first film left off, Nell Sweetzer (Ashley Bell) is found terrified and alone in rural Louisiana. Back in the relative safety of New Orleans, Nell realizes that she can’t remember entire portions of the previous months only that she is the last surviving member of her family. Just as Nell begins the difficult process of starting a new life, the evil force that once possessed her is back with other, unimaginably horrific plans that mean her last exorcism was just the beginning.
- Starring: Ashley Bell, Julia Garner, Spencer Treat Clark, David Jensen
- Director: Ed Gass-Donnelly
- Genre: Horror
- Running Time: 88 min.
- Rating: PG-13 for horror violence, terror and brief language.
- Rottentomatoes: 25% (2 fresh, 6 rotten, score: 4.8/10).
- Metacritic: 26 out of 100 (0 positive, 2 mixed, 3 negative).
Academy Award (R) nominee Ed Harris (A Beautiful Mind, The Abyss), David Duchovny ("The X-Files," "Californication") and William Fichtner (The Dark Knight, Black Hawk Down) star in PHANTOM, a Cold War-era suspense thriller about a Soviet submarine captain, haunted by his past, who is forced to lead a covert mission that could spark a global nuclear war. Written and directed by Todd Robinson (Lonely Hearts, White Squall) and inspired by true events, PHANTOM is a riveting deep-sea adventure about extraordinary men facing impossible choices.
- Starring: Ed Harris, William Fichtner, David Duchovny, Lance Henriksen, Sean Patrick Flanery, Kip Pardue
- Director: Todd Robinson
- Genre: Thriller
- Running Time: 97 min.
- Rating: R for violence
- Rottentomatoes: 18% (7 fresh, 32 rotten, score: 4.4/10).
- Metacritic: 40 out of 100 (2 positive, 12 mixed, 6 negative).