You can check out the posters and offical synopses after the jump. Here is a short description of the posters:
- A new character poster for the Stephenie Meyer adaptation "The Host" featuring Diane Kruger. The film also stars Saoirse Ronan, Jake Abel, Max Irons and William Hurt, and is directed by Andrew Niccol. The release date is March 29.
- An international trailer for Robert Redford's political thriller "The Company You Keep" starring Redford, Shia LaBeouf, Julie Christie and Terrence Howard. Based on Neil Gordon's novel. The film opens on April 5.
- A new poster for the thriller "The Call" starring Halle Berry and Abigail Bresling. Berry stars as an emergency operator who takes matters into her own hands and tries to rescue Bresling's character from the hands of a psychopath. Release date is set for March 15
- The first poster for the thriller "Mud" starring Matthew McConaughey and Reese Witherspoon. The film is directed by Jeff Nichols ("Take Shelter") and is set for release on April 26.
- A new Morgan Freeman character poster for the action thriller "Olympus Has Fallen". The film, involving a mercenary attack on the White House also stars Aaron Eckhart as the President and Gerard Butler as the secret service agent who must save him. The release date is March 22.
- The first official poster for the Jackie Robinson biopic "42" written and directed by Brian Helgeland ("L.A. Confidential", "Mystic River") and starring Chadwick Boseman, Harrison Ford and Christopher Meloni. The film will be released on April 12.
"What if everything you love was taken from you in the blink of an eye? "The Host" is the next epic love story from the creator of the "Twilight Saga," worldwide bestselling author, Stephenie Meyer. When an unseen enemy threatens mankind by taking over their bodies and erasing their memories, Melanie Stryder (Saoirse Ronan) will risk everything to protect the people she cares most about - Jared (Max Irons), Ian (Jake Abel), her brother Jamie (Chandler Canterbury) and her Uncle Jeb (William Hurt) , proving that love can conquer all in a dangerous new world."
THE COMPANY YOU KEEP
"A wanted man and former member of the revolutionary militant group the Weather Underground goes on the run after a journalist (Shia LaBeouf) outs him in this political thriller based on Neil Gordon's novel. Robert Redford stars and directs this Voltage Pictures/Wildwood Enterprises production."
"When veteran 911 operator, Jordan (Halle Berry), takes a life-altering call from a teenage girl (Abigail Breslin) who has just been abducted, she realizes that she must confront a killer from her past in order to save the girl’s life."
"MUD is an adventure about two boys, Ellis (Tye Sheridan) and his friend Neckbone (Jacob Lofland), who find a man named Mud (Matthew McConnaughey) hiding out on an island in the Mississippi. Mud describes fantastic scenarios—he killed a man in Texas and vengeful bounty hunters are coming to get him. He says he is planning to meet and escape with the love of his life, Juniper (Reese Witherspoon), who is waiting for him in town. Skeptical but intrigued, Ellis and Neckbone agree to help him. It isn’t long until Mud’s visions come true and their small town is besieged by a beautiful girl with a line of bounty hunters in tow."
OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN
"When the White House (Secret Service Code: "Olympus") is captured by a terrorist mastermind and the President is kidnapped, disgraced former Presidential guard Mike Banning finds himself trapped within the building. As our national security team scrambles to respond, they are forced to rely on Bannings inside knowledge to help retake the White House, save the President and avert an even bigger disaster. Antoine Fuqua (Training Day) directs an all-star cast featuring Gerard Butler, Morgan Freeman, Aaron Eckhart, Angela Bassett, Melissa Leo, Ashley Judd, and Rick Yune."
"Hero is a word we hear often in sports, but heroism is not always about achievements on the field of play. "42" tells the story of two men-the great Jackie Robinson and legendary Brooklyn Dodgers GM Branch Rickey-whose brave stand against prejudice forever changed the world by changing the game of baseball. In 1946, Branch Rickey (Harrison Ford) put himself at the forefront of history when he signed Jackie Robinson (Chadwick Boseman) to the team, breaking Major League Baseball's infamous color line. But the deal also put both Robinson and Rickey in the firing line of the public, the press and even other players. Facing unabashed racism from every side, Robinson was forced to demonstrate tremendous courage and restraint by not reacting in kind, knowing that any incident could destroy his and Rickey's hopes. Instead, Number 42 let his talent on the field do the talking-ultimately winning over fans and his teammates, silencing his critics, and paving the way for others to follow."
RELATED POSTS :
- New Posters: THE LONE RANGER, SIDE EFFECTS, TRANCE, TOP GUN 3D and More
- THE INCREDIBLE BURT WONDERSTONE (2013) - 5 Character Posters
- New Posters from FAST & FURIOUS 6, IRON MAN 3, THE LAST EXORCISM PART II, DRIFT and THE HOST
- ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH (2013) - 7 New Posters
- THE CROODS (2013) - 8 New Posters
- New Posters for OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN, G.I. JOE: RETALIATION, THE CROODS and SNOWPIERCER
- 5 New Posters for SPRING BREAKERS