Action superstar Dwayne Johnson headlines this fast-paced thriller as a father whose teenage son is wrongly accused of a crime and is sentenced to 10 years in jail. In order to clear his son’s name, he dangerously goes undercover and risks everything, including his own life, to reduce his son’s sentence. The ensemble cast includes Academy Awards Winner Susan Sarandon, Emmy Nominee Benjamin Bratt, and Golden Globe Nominee Barry Pepper. Inspired by a true story, the screenplay was written by Justin Haythe (THE LONE RANGER, REVOLUTIONARY ROAD, THE CLEARING) and adapted by the film’s director Ric Roman Waugh.
- Starring: Dwayne Johnson, Barry Pepper, Susan Sarandon, Michael Kenneth Williams, Jon Bernthal, Benjamin Bratt, Nadine Velazquez, Harold Perrineau
- Director: Ric Roman Waugh
- Genre: Action, Drama, Thriller
- Running Time: 112 min.
- Rating: PG-13 for drug content and sequences of violence
- Rottentomatoes: 51% (41 fresh, 39 rotten, score: 5.4/10).
- Metacritic: 52 out of 100 (11 positive, 11 mixed, 3 negative).
From the producers of Paranormal Activity, Insidious, and Sinister comes Dark Skies: a supernatural thriller that follows a young family living in the suburbs. As husband and wife Daniel (Josh Hamilton) and Lacey Barret (Keri Russell) witness an escalating series of disturbing events involving their family, their safe and peaceful home quickly unravels. When it becomes clear that the Barret family is being targeted by an unimaginably terrifying and deadly force, Daniel and Lacey take matters in their own hands to solve the mystery of what is after their family.
- Starring: Keri Russell, Josh Hamilton, J.K. Simmons, Jake Brennan
- Director: Scott Stewart
- Genre: Horror, Sci-Fi, Thriller
- Running Time: 95 min.
- Rating: PG-13 for violence, terror throughout, sexual material, drug content and language - all involving teens.
- Rottentomatoes: 36% (4 fresh, 7 rotten, score: 5/10).
- Metacritic: 44 out of 100 (1 positive, 2 mixed, 2 negative).