• NEWS  • AWARDS  • IN THEATERS  • MOVIES  • TV SERIES  • BOX-OFFICE REPORT  • DVD & BLU-RAY •
• BLACK FRIDAY • REVIEWS  • SOUNDTRACKS  • MUSIC ALBUMS  • VIDEO GAMES  • WEEKLY SUMMARY •

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Javier Bardem could be on board for "The Dark Tower"

I wasn't aware of "The Dark Tower", the awesome Stephen King novels, being adapted for the big screen, until I saw the news that Javier Bardem has been offered the part of "Gunslinger" Roland Deschain. According to the official news, there will be three movies and not one, but two TV series, a bridge between the first and second movies, and a follow-up for the second. The third movie will neatly wrap-up the huge story. I was also surprised to find out that Ron Howard is directing the first movie and TV series.

I'm excited about the movies being made, but I'm having mixed feelings about the TV series. This kind of strategy hasn't really worked in the past. I recall the "Terminator" franchise tried something similar with "The Sarah Connor Chronicles", broadcast one year before "Terminator 4", with unimpressive results. Although, to be fair, the two had no common plot elements. I like Ron Howard's style as a director, and I pretty much like everything he's ever done, even the controversial "The Da Vinci Code", so I'm sure the adaptation is in good hands. The projects seems very ambitious and complicated, which is always a treat, but it also leaves more room for mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments as civilised as possible, and refrain from spamming. All comments will be moderated. Thank you !